Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:57:16 PM EDT
Hey guys, put this together over the past 2 months and am very pleased with how it turned out. It is cerakoted burnt bronze and has a diamond like flute cerakote on the barrel... specs will be below. Have not made it to the range yet so don't know how she shoots because I obviously still need some glass, prolly going with a vortex viper pst if I had to guess but the jury is still out on that one, anyways thanks for looking, post me some comments if you like it.... Thanks!

Seekins Precision Billet Upper & Lower
Seekins Billet Mag release button
Cerakoted Burnt Bronze
Seekins Bar Rail
Lilja 24" Heavy Profile Bull Barrel, cut,crowned,threaded to 20"
Daniel Defense LPK
Geissele SDE Flat Trigger
BCM Charging handle
Youngs Mfg Phosphate BCG headspaced to this barrel
Larue PSR20 Mount
Magpul PRS Stock
AAC Brakeout
YHM Low Pro Gas Block
AACSD Suppressor
YHM Bipod Adapter
Harris BRMS 6-9 Bipod w/ KMW Podlock
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool! Looks fun!
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats gorgeous. Good job.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks awesome. Great job! I love the burnt bronze color...very cool.

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait for the range report
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i know that was some $

did you assemble the upper yourself?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
kinda ugly...JK Looks like a tack driver. Nice rig
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
yep, assembled it myself...
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice Job!
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Any way you could weight it? Kinda curios as to how much something like that comes out to.
Thanks
Rob
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Is the shoulder of the fs not touching the barrel????

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice rifle!

love the color
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks like there is a crush washer in there.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yeah thats not good, so much for step 1

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah thats not good, so much for step 1

The crush washer is not need for a Blackout. Please remove it and rockset/retorque the blackout.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any way you could weight it? Kinda curios as to how much something like that comes out to.
Thanks
Rob

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#17]
The reason there is a crush washer installed is because the Brakeout is timed by a machinist so one of the 3 prongs is exactly Top dead center, he could have installed it without the crush washer however if he installed the brakeout w/o crush washer and the barrel or gas block would ever have to be removed, you would have to remove the brakeout.  Doesn't sound like a big deal but you will never get it tight again at top dead center...using a crush washer lets the brakeout be removed as much as you want as along as you always use a new washer to bring it to top dead center
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The reason there is a crush washer installed is because the Brakeout is timed by a machinist so one of the 3 prongs is exactly Top dead center, he could have installed it without the crush washer however if he installed the brakeout w/o crush washer and the barrel or gas block would ever have to be removed, you would have to remove the brakeout.  Doesn't sound like a big deal but you will never get it tight again at top dead center...using a crush washer lets the brakeout be removed as much as you want as along as you always use a new washer to bring it to top dead center

there is a reason not to use them, and if he was a machinist, he would have timed the barrel or fs w/o the crush washer which is easily done.

If you have a baffle strike for whatever reason, you will most liekly not get it replaced.

YMMV

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice build man.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks Great!
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

there is a reason not to use them, and if he was a machinist, he would have timed the barrel or fs w/o the crush washer which is easily done.

If you have a baffle strike for whatever reason, you will most liekly not get it replaced.

YMMV

This +87

By the way what's the OAL with the can attached?
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#23]
So nice, Wired.com linked to your build... though their story around it was incredibly bad, and a bit biased (they tell the half story of why people didn't like the AR for hunting... then never explained why it is so popular now).

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/ar-15/4/
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#24]
NICE!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll give $20 for it . Nice looking piece you got there!
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Everything's great except that phony 'snakeskin' shit on the barrel. You see, you have to learn how to not go overboard with a project. That one step over the line makes the whole thing a joke - like dressing up in a well-fitted tux but putting on a clown nose.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

YMMV

Can you explain how this is different than the AAC Brake, which comes with assorted washers and directions on stacking multiple washers to time correctly?

*spelling correction
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Everything's great except that phony 'snakeskin' shit on the barrel. You see, you have to learn how to not go overboard with a project. That one step over the line makes the whole thing a joke - like dressing up in a well-fitted tux but putting on a clown nose.

I think the snakeskin thing is cool, it's to fancy for my taste for a gun...but I don't fault OP for it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Looking forward to pics with a scope mounted.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top