Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
O.K. I know that a postban cannot have the flash suppressor, bayonet lug, but what else is different?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you are talking about AR15 rifles....

You can also not have a collapsable stock.  Of course non of these requirements is enforceable.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You can also not have a collapsable stock.  Of course non of these requirements is enforceable.

If it is not enforceable, I defy you to dress out a post ban weapon with pre ban features and go to your nearest ATF office, show them your weapon and tell them that the AWB of 94 is "Unenforceable". Let us know the outcome ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is not enforceable, I defy you to dress out a post ban weapon with pre ban features and go to your nearest ATF office, show them your weapon and tell them that the AWB of 94 is "Unenforceable". Let us know the outcome ASAP.

As soon as you get out of the joint!
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, I assumed this was an AR discussion board...Anyway, not a lot of difference.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me add my .02,

Post and Preban it's merely a matter of how much you want to spend.  I have prebans and postbans.

Most LEO don't really know what is preban and post, so most shy away from commenting about a rifle.  With over 10,000 state and federal gunlaws, it's impossible for a LEO to completely be all knowing about gun laws.

Sure you could dress up a postban as a preban, but why chance it?  With the sunsetting of the 94 AWB, let's see what happens with this thing.

Again preban and postban, it's all about how much a bayo lug, flash hider and telescoping stock is worth to you.

Hope this helps,

Max
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top