Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:04:37 AM EDT
Rookie question.  Is it legal to own both pre and post-ban rifles at the same time?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Only if your wife/significant other says it's okay [;)]...and you can afford the pre-ban!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya know... I don't wanna hijack the thread, but this question got me thinking (BAD brain!)...

What about having an extra pre-ban upper a pre-ban complete rifle AND an extra post-ban lower? Could the extra pre-ban upper/post-ban lower be a problem, even though they are NOT assembled together?

I ask because I remember seeing a "or readily assembled" clause in some gun law or another.

LF
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
YES, I DO.

once you got one of those "golden lowers"
you can do anything but put a preban upper on a post ban lower.

if i were to sell my preban lower i would have to sell all my preban uppers or be guilty of "intent to manufacture".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top