Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 2:49:46 AM EDT
One of buddies asked me the following question and I want to be sure before I answer him.

With regards to an AR pre-ban " reciever" (new receiver only). I am being told that my pre-ban serial number proving that the reciver was made before the cutoff date is now to be considered a "post-ban" rifle as it was only a receiver versus a complete rifle. If I assemble it now I must conform to "post ban" parts and pieces...............

Thanks,

Eaker
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/preORpost.html[/url]

As far as pre-ban and post-ban is concerned, the date of manufacture of the receiver has nothing to do with anything. If your AR was built into a whole AR, or in a complete kit form, before Sept. 13, 1994, you are the lucky owner of a pre-ban receiver. If the gun was built after this date, or if the receiver was without all of the parts to make a AR as of The Date, then it is post-ban.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If you owned the rifle before the ban then only you can say wether or not you had the parts to assemble it. [;)] If its a receiver from someone else its a postban if it was not sold as a complete rifle or assembled prior to the ban.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top