Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:15:28 AM EDT
I know the Clinton ban affecting the AR-15 has died, but I had a question.  Is it totally dead or are the guns in that 10 year period still a banned gun?  I have seen people still saying that a lower is a post ban lower.  Does that mean a lower made in the year 2000 can not have a flashhider, bayonet lug, pistol grip, detatchable mag, and folding stock.  I know barrel length is a NFA concern.  I am talking about an 18 inch upper.  

Would it be illegal to take an 18" upper with a fixed flashhidder and have it removed and threaded?  The barrel length will not change.  The fixed hider is set screwed on.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
in tx there is no existing ban.

there are some states that continued on with the awb.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does that mean a lower made in the year 2000 can not have a flashhider, bayonet lug, pistol grip, detatchable mag, and folding stock.

Would it be illegal to take an 18" upper with a fixed flashhidder and have it removed and threaded?  The barrel length will not change.  The fixed hider is set screwed on.

If you live in a state with no state AWB (and you do) the "restricted military/law enforcement" engraving on the lower is meaningless.

Do whatever you want to your rifle without worry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you live in a state with no state AWB (and you do) the "restricted military/law enforcement" engraving on the lower is meaningless.

+1

Provided you are not restricted by state laws, it's like the ban never happened.  Pre/Post ban distrinctions are meaningless & you can put threads, lugs, FHs whatever on all your rifles.
--Snowbound
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Provided you are not restricted by state laws, it's like the ban never happened.  Pre/Post ban distrinctions are meaningless & you can put threads, lugs, FHs whatever on all your rifles.
--Snowbound

I just moved to Ohio (not Toledo - the Akron area). Does Ohio have a state ban? So it no longer matters if you put a "preban upper" on a "postban lower" etc?

But barrel length is still NFA regulated to 16+, right? (unless you get a tax stamp).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top