Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2003 8:02:47 AM EDT
I have seen posts here referring to "Preban Uppers" There is likely an obvious answer but it's not clear to me. All is understood as to what constitutes a preban lower receiver (serial numbers), but what constitutes a "preban upper"? That is, if it's an upper receiver assembly without barrel, what component within an upper assembly would be considered preban? Thanks for any clarification.
--RR

PS: if it's an upper including barrel with bayo lugs, flash hider etc... I understand why it's preban and maybe that's the answer to my question, but would appreciate clarification.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Your "PS" hit it right on the head.  The "Evil Assualt Weapon Ban of 1994" outlined those features, among others as being "Bad".  Either a flash hider and/or a bayonet lug on an upper constitutes a "Pre-Ban" Assault Weapon and may not be legally assembled on a post ban lower.  More info would probably be in the legal section.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget the grenade launcher!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your "PS" hit it right on the head.  The "Evil Assualt Weapon Ban of 1994" outlined those features, among others as being "Bad".  Either a flash hider and/or a bayonet lug on an upper constitutes a "Pre-Ban" Assault Weapon and may not be legally assembled on a post ban lower.  More info would probably be in the legal section.
View Quote

Ok, yeah, I was thinking of only the actual "upper receiver" assembly being referred to as preban and it didn't make sense. Thanks for the clarification --RR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top