User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 9:49:32 AM EDT
Just bought a bushy M17 bullpup.
Serial number P069XX.
Anyone know if it is pre or post ban?

Bushy Cust. Svc. Said email us.
Email said verbally talk with the rep....

Go figure
Any help would be greatful

Thanks
V
OUT
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I checked on one that was in the P065xx range and it was post. The guy selling thought it was preban because of the threaded barrel. HTH
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells "Bench Talk" lists the serial number cut-offs for pre-post ban for most AR-15 makers.  However, for Bushmaster, they list their numbers as being very jumbled and you must contact them to find out for sure if a particular number is pre or post.  That is why you got the answer you did from them, and that is also why you cannot take to the bank that a serial number before yours being post automatically makes yours post.  They must have a very confused operation over there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You would think since 1994 a system would be put into place. I KNOW I am not the FIRST guy to ask.
I think you are right, very mixed up and confused.

Thanks
V
OUT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top