Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:19:52 AM EDT
The bolts on my bolt carrier assembly from WOA looks like they have already been staked. Is it common for bolt carrier assemblies to come "pre staked." Should I assume that the bolts are adequately staked with no need for me to do anything else? Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:50:05 AM EDT
Unless you specifically buy a stripped bolt carrier with the key seperate, your gas key bolts should be staked by the mfgr. But some bolt carriers are not staked from the mfgr. I have a CMT carrier that is not staked. If the stakes look like they have a good bite on the bolt heads you don’t have anything to worry about.

Most problems arise from carriers like mine where the bolts were not staked.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:00:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 5:01:17 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]

Originally Posted By QUIB:
Unless you specifically buy a stripped bolt carrier with the key seperate, your gas key bolts should be staked by the mfgr. But some bolt carriers are not staked from the mfgr. I have a CMT carrier that is not staked. If the stakes look like they have a good bite on the bolt heads you don’t have anything to worry about.

Most problems arise from carriers like mine where the bolts were not staked.

+1

either that or the dealer where you got it from staked it before he shipped it
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:39:44 PM EDT
Call me paranoid but I always ck bolt tightness and restake them , as my 1st one came loose after 75rd's and when I ck'ed my second one the bolts were less than tight . For what its worth !
Top Top