Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:05:00 AM EDT
Why do people that live in states without a AWB buy these mags ? Brand new mags can be had for $10.00,while the NIW Labelle's generally go for $20.00ea.

Can't tell you guys how many times I see pre-ban mags being snagged by people that live in states without an AWB,leaving people like me that HAVE to purchase pre-ban mags,SOL.

So,what gives ?

ETA:Yes,I know there are some Labelle's in the EE right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
it is my guess that either they have used Labelle mags in the past and trust them so they will pay more for them or they are haveing them sent to a free state then haveing a friend or family member who lives in the free state ship them to the original buyer who will be in a ban state. i believe that when the second option i listed is true they are probably broken down to there componants and sent as replacement mag parts to be used to repair old leagle preban mags.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
it is my guess that either they have used Labelle mags in the past and trust them so they will pay more for them or they are haveing them sent to a free state then haveing a friend or family member who lives in the free state ship them to the original buyer who will be in a ban state. i believe that when the second option i listed is true they are probably broken down to there componants and sent as replacement mag parts to be used to repair old leagle preban mags.

Thats often it, but Labelles are still made but with a different name. Now D&H.

Dont forget some people actually collect mags. Some people pay crazy money for some mags. Sounds nuts to me, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
it is true that D&H took over for Labelle but i still feel that Labell made a better mag. i have never had a problem with any Labelle mag or ever even heard of a bad batch of Labells but there have been some problems with the new D&H mags. Labelles are without question the best pre-ban mag you can buy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Turn on sense of humor before reading:

DUH! Labelle had a contract at one time.....at least they TRIED to make the mags right...and were successful....well, most of the time.

IMO, the USGI-type products offered to the general public are not 100% up to Gov't standard. However, for the intended purpose of commercial sales, many of the products available are quite seviceable and a decent value. Alos remeber when many on the site compare reliability, quality, etc, opinions, they may be comparing one piece of scat to another.

Hotgun
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top