Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 11:48:47 AM EDT
Does one have to use moly or loctite when screwing on an FH during installation?  2nd, does anyone have a pic of a crush  washer?  I picked up one at a gunshow and I'm not sure if it's a crush or peel washer.  thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Crush is on the right.  I did't used loctite on my A2 with peel washer, and haven't had any problems.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mark!  I indeed picked up a crush washer.  I plan on using it with an a2 FH.  Any tips?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't done one yet, but apparently you just tighten the FH until the washer starts to compress.  Stop tightening when you are indexed.  I'm guessing you wouldn't have more than a full turn after the washer starts to crush.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
This may sound like a dumb question, but does the wider beveled side of the washer face the FH?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not a dumb question at all.  I don't remember.  Lotboy has a Colt upper with the crush on it, and I can't remember which way it goes.  I think people here have done it both ways.

Someone here will be able to tell you.  I think the wide part touches the FH.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This may sound like a dumb question, but does the wider beveled side of the washer face the FH?

correct. also, I use blue loctite since it's temporary, but you don't neccessarily have to use it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks again Mark, I'll send ya pics of my build when it's complete.  I'm currently working on a dissy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

correct. also, I use blue loctite since it's temporary, but you don't neccessarily have to use it.

thanks sharpshot, that cleared up the last part I need to finish this upper assembly.  me and my AR thank both of you!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top