Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2003 6:13:27 PM EDT
I have a Couple of Pre ban Bushmaster's.
One's serial number is in the 50,000 range and the other is a Low 3 Digit number in the 300 range.

Bushmaster says the Low 3 digit number one was manufactured later than the 50,000 numbered one?

Maybe they have the year wrong?
Something seems fishy ??

What ya think ?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Send them the serial#tell them you want verification on date of manufacture and they will send you a letter with the info.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Send them the serial#tell them you want verification on date of manufacture and they will send you a letter with the info.
View Quote

Or you can go to their web site and enter the Serial number with your name and Email address and they'll Email you back with it's status and the date of sale.

[url=http://www.bushmaster.com/documents/prebanpostban.asp]Is my Bushmaster a pre or postban?[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Recently at a gun show I was told that there are two differen't bans that affect AR-15's. The year 1989 was mentioned along with the one everybody is aware of, 1994. Anybody got any info on this? Mikke
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Troy, So it looks like I would be safe in assuming that my Colt Lightweight sporter 7.62X39 carbine which was made well before Sept '94  and came with a flash hider but no bayo lug can be converted with a collapsable stock and completely pre ban upper with bayo lug and flash hider. I live in Arizona which has no restrictions on AR's. I have a New Colt pre ban Govt. model complete upper in .223 that I'd like to use sometimes. Thanx for your help. Mikke
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top