Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/19/2004 10:04:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 10:05:23 AM EST by WCobb]
Now that the ban is gone, shouldn't we start referring to the ban distinctions in that manner? Since post-ban could now imply after the ban ended?

Edited to add: Don't flame me for this one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:09:05 AM EST
How about NORMAL and or no-ban's. We can keep the postban for that configurations legal in banning states.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:12:21 AM EST
For some reason, whenever I hear "post ban" now I think that it's for stuff made after the ban kicked the bucket.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:13:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 10:14:30 AM EST by WCobb]
Ah got to look out for THOSE states....Maybe "Communist" or "Feinstein"

For some reason, whenever I hear "post ban" now I think that it's for stuff made after the ban kicked the bucket

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:54:37 AM EST
i had to make the point in another thread (don't ask) that what were pre-bans to most of us are STILL pre-bans to those in the 'prison' states. For any of the states that have their own AWBs and will allow a pre-94 rifle or lower to have the bad characteristics, then to the people in those states, there is such thing as a pre-ban.

i think the term pre-ban should still be used because they were pre-ban in a sense that they were around before any ban on the ARs.

rifles built during the ban with no lug, FH etc. should be called "Ban-Built" rifles. most likely the uppers will be referred to as Ban-Built.

everything else now should be called post-ban.

whatcha think?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:12:34 AM EST
Could not agree with you more!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:50:53 AM EST
I thought we all aggreed to call them "Sport Utility Rifles" or at the very least "No Ban" rifles, since they're under "NO BAN" anymore, except for the Kommunist States where there is still a ban in which case they have to deal with "post bans" of grow a pair and move to a Free State.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:53:09 AM EST
How bout just AR's?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:07:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By TNFrank:
I thought we all aggreed to call them "Sport Utility Rifles" or at the very least "No Ban" rifles, since they're under "NO BAN" anymore, except for the Kommunist States where there is still a ban in which case they have to deal with "post bans" of grow a pair and move to a Free State.

you couldn't even read the three simple sentences i wrote, huh? you saw the topic and had to respond without reading.

by the way, we pretty much agree with each other.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:12:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By JosephR:

Originally Posted By TNFrank:

you couldn't even read the three simple sentences i wrote, huh? you saw the topic and had to respond without reading.

by the way, we pretty much agree with each other.

You mean I was suppose to read something???
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:29:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
How bout just AR's?

That does make sense, however, when I hear AR15 I think Colt...and then the Armalite ppl. say the Colt is a copy, even though all an Armalite is is an Eagle Arms that bought the name Armalite, not the real Armalite, and then an arguement starts...and then...what was the question?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:30:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
For some reason, whenever I hear "post ban" now I think that it's for stuff made after the ban kicked the bucket.

I'm in the same boat...even though post ban kind of makes sense, I think the term applies to bastardized guns of the past ten years. If anything, I think No Ban is going to apply best.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:13:17 PM EST

How bout just AR's?

Amen, brother...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:14:49 PM EST

How bout just AR's?

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:16:21 PM EST
I was at a couple of gunstores on Saturday and the term most used was "no-ban." On an intersting side note, R-Guns has several big tupperware tubs full of DPMS and Colt lowers with collapsible stocks on them. Another store I went to had a half dozen M4 stocks and a dozen stock wrenches and they had swapped out the fake collapsibles for CAR-15 collapsibles with no upcharge. They wre even selling the removed fake collapsibles for $10 each just for the hardware!

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:18:05 PM EST
How about relic pre ban & new pre ban.

TG
Top Top