Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 12:04:27 PM EDT
As I mentioned in the general forum, I have an opportunity to get a relatively inexpensive Olympic Arms complete pre-ban Lower (with collapsible buttstock) locally.

If possible, and completely legal, I would like to take a Bushmaster 11.5"/5.5" Flash Sup. Upper and mount it on the above mentioned Lower.

My question is, as I understand it, the Lower Receiver has to have been a part of complete rifle BEFORE the AWB went into effect in 1994. Does that mean that if the Olympic Arms Lower I am buying from my local dealer does meet this requirement, I can purchase ANY pre-ban upper to legally complete this rifle ?

Anything special that I need to be aware of ?

Any documentation that I need to make sure I am covered if anyone ever inquires ?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
IF the lower was part of a complete rifle Before the Ban, you should be able to put any preban-configured upper (that complies with the Law) on the lower. To hedge the bet, get a signed letter from the Seller to that effect (that it was indeed a preban rifle); if he hesitates, you know that he's a weasel, and you know what to do about weasels. The Oly lower will fit any MILSPEC upper out there; the Bushies have been known to be a bit tight. Post back or email me and let me know how it goes!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top