Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2004 12:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2004 2:13:39 PM EDT by JHaines]
As I mentioned in the general forum, I have an opportunity to get a relatively inexpensive Olympic Arms complete pre-ban Lower (with collapsible buttstock) locally.

If possible, and completely legal, I would like to take a Bushmaster 11.5"/5.5" Flash Sup. Upper and mount it on the above mentioned Lower.

My question is, as I understand it, the Lower Receiver has to have been a part of complete rifle BEFORE the AWB went into effect in 1994. Does that mean that if the Olympic Arms Lower I am buying from my local dealer does meet this requirement, I can purchase ANY pre-ban upper to legally complete this rifle ?

Anything special that I need to be aware of ?

Any documentation that I need to make sure I am covered if anyone ever inquires ?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:23:02 PM EDT
IF the lower was part of a complete rifle Before the Ban, you should be able to put any preban-configured upper (that complies with the Law) on the lower. To hedge the bet, get a signed letter from the Seller to that effect (that it was indeed a preban rifle); if he hesitates, you know that he's a weasel, and you know what to do about weasels. The Oly lower will fit any MILSPEC upper out there; the Bushies have been known to be a bit tight. Post back or email me and let me know how it goes!
Top Top