Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 5:26:09 PM EDT
I have been thinking of selling off some of my collection... how much should I be able to get for my NIB/never fired R6551 Sporter Target (Blue Label)? It's a pre-ban Colt with the small front pivot pin but with no lug. Also has the sear block. The barrel is the A2 configuration with a 1-in-7" twist and an A2 flash suppressor. This is absolutely new in the box with the original sling, mags, cleaning kit, and manual. I want to take it in to the dealer, but I need to know approximately how much it should be worth beforehand.

Thanks in advance...

FITTER out
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to burst your bubble but a dealer is going to give you wholesale, perhaps even a bit below it. Then he's going to list it at full retail, perhaps a bit above it. No way can he sell it if he gives you what's it worth.

You might want to consider a consignment sale, if he does that, in order for you both to come out ok.

Depending on the part of the country, your rifle should be worth retail in the neighborhood of $1200-1500. It'll be worth a good bit less when the AW ban sunsets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob:

Thanks for the reply. That consignment idea sounds good to me, if they'd be willing to do that for me. I really hate to part with my stuff, but I need a bit of cash now and I thought that maybe this would be a quick way to raise some funds.

You sound optimistic WRT the AW ban sunsetting...

FITTER out
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top