Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 8:33:30 PM EDT
So I keep seeing pre ban lowers going for outrageous prices both here and elsewhere. I have to ask why? The majority of them have hideous roll marks or markings, some have nothing at all on them except some numbers. I've looked around to find out why but haven't found much. I understand that age and availability has something to do with it, but does that really justify the price? Please enlighten me. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I keep seeing pre ban lowers going for outrageous prices both here and elsewhere. I have to ask why? The majority of them have hideous roll marks or markings, some have nothing at all on them except some numbers. I've looked around to find out why but haven't found much. I understand that age and availability has something to do with it, but does that really justify the price? Please enlighten me. Thanks!!

Because I live in NY and it's the only way I can have a collapsible stock and a flash hider.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Some local laws are still on the books regarding assault weapons and a pre-ban receiver is the only way some folks can legally enjoy the rifle as it was designed. That,s why the price is higher.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh wow, I had no idea. You learn something new everyday! But that makes sense and explains a lot. Some laws I tell ya...but thanks to both of you for taking the time to educate me. Now I won't be so confused ha!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I live in NY and it's the only way I can have a collapsible stock and a flash hider.

<––-us also
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Not tech question and answered
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top