Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 6:14:26 PM EDT
I need a recommendation on an upper for a Bushmaster DCM lower to be used primarily for prairie dog shooting. I want a flat top that will shoot inexpensive HP ammo. Economy is a strong consideration. Also, I need a recommendation on a resonalby priced scope good for prairie dog shooting. thanks in advance. Mark
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
[i]Consider[/i] Rock River Arms' Varmint?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The DPMS fluted uppers look really nice.

I have a friend that bought a model1sales 24in SS FF heavy (.920) bbl 1/8twist and after 20 singles (cleaning after every shot- he fired a 5 shot group inside an 1/4in at 100yds!

Not bad for a $400 upper! (I don't remember what ammo he was shooting)[last time I looked Les Baer was bragging about this for over $2000

Rock River is a good company and you will not be un-impressed by any of their match grade offerings (I had an RRA SS DCM rifle and it routinely shot 5 shot 4/10in groups at 100yds with the iron sights! I know I would have done better with a scope.)
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the RRA varmint upper and can tell you it will seem like you have a "death ray" in your hands . Pasture poodles beware!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the above recommendations for RRA.  However, if you are interested in building one up, an OLY SUM barrel, flat top upper, bolt group, and free float tube will set you back about $470.  Mine shot 3/4" groups @ 200 yds. with Black Hills 52 grains hollow point reloads.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Any body building in 223 short mag?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top