Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 10:17:01 AM EDT
I have been looking around for some time for a good scope I think I will be getting a Aimpoint ML2 but, I would like to see some pics of a ML2 mounted on a A2 carry handle before I make my finally decision
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Best way to mount an Aimpoint to a carrying handle.  

Aimpoint M series, Aimpoint rail grabber, and an Aimpoint gooseneck mount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't you just mount it the carry handle without the gooesneck mount?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, ARMS #2 with the standard Aimpoint wdie ring will do the job just fine.  You can find that look in the movie Blackhawk down.  this would set the optic a little high for a good zero over a longer distance, but will still function.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like this on your mind Chen?

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at the size of the hole on the end of that barrel. MOVIE GUN

NO way is that 223
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

NO way is that 223

Ummm, that picture is from the Black Hawk Down movie
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya I knew that just makin the observation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, thats the mount. Whats the name of the mount, so I can order it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
This has been discussed a few times in the last several months. There are many ways to mount a Aimpoint, and on top of the carry handle is the worst way to do it. It creates many problems and solves none. If you have a A1/A2 upper, goose neck mount is a great option. In fact, it is one of the best ways to mount an Aimpoint/dot sight. You retain instant access to irons and a standard cheek weld, you forward mount it which clears your filed of view  makes two eye open shooting easier assists in quicker target focus and acquisition. You also get it low on the boreline making it easy to zero and keep in line with the flat trajectory of the bullet. Mount it on top of the carry handle and you lose all these advantages, create just as many disadvantages, and gain nothing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

NO way is that 223

Some of the guns in the movie have the 11.5 inch barrel and 5 inch flash hider, the muzzle you are looking at could be one of them.

Quoted:
Yes, thats the mount. Whats the name of the mount, so I can order it.

Like my previous post, the ARMS #2 mount is what you are looking for, you will be able to use the standard Aimpoint wide rings to mount the Aimpoint tot he ARMS #2 carrying handle mount.

Like I have said, and NewARGuy have reinforced, using a carrying handle mount such as ARMS #2 will diminish the ability for the gun to maintain a proper zero over a long distance.  you will raise the sight too high and thus over compensate the point of impact to a more restricted range.  ARMS #2 was popular in the late 80s to early 90s, where flat top was not a reality for the messes.  today, the gooseneck mount are the most feasible solution for mounting to the carrying handle.

Good luck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top