Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:48:51 AM EDT
I have a post ban M4 from Bushmaster I'm thinking about selling, what could I expect to get from it?
It has the pinned stock and the Y- comp muzzle brake. Is $500 reasonable? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
How many rounds through it?  $500 sounds very reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How many rounds through it?  $500 sounds very reasonable.

Prolly only around 600 rnds. or so. It's a flat top upper, with carry handle sight. It's about 99%.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sound pretty good to me, I'd take it right now for $400.00.

Travis

Edit for grammer and spelling
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There are some shooters that don't mind post-ban configurations a bit.  I wouldn't be in too big of a hurry to sell it too cheap.

It's still a good rifle, and during the ban some of them may be built a little better than they are now because companies like Bushmaster had to build a whole lot of them fast when the ban ended.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the same upper and love it.
I couldnt care less that its an izzy brake and not the phantom suppressor.
The flash doesnt bother me in the least bit. If its the principle of the issue then go get yourself a no-ban, but I have no intention of getting rid of my post ban upper....its a perfectly fine upper.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
check IM please!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a post ban M4 from Bushmaster I'm thinking about selling, what could I expect to get from it?
It has the pinned stock and the Y- comp muzzle brake. Is $500 reasonable? Thanks in advance.

Don't even have to get rid of it; take the upper to ADCO and have the Y Comp replaced with a Phantom FH and replace the FSB with one that has a bayo lug. Getting a 6 pos. CAR stock is easy and won't cost you more than $100.

Now you got yourself a no ban with all the little things that drive the gun grabbers bonkers. And you added at least $250 extra to your rifle if you do decide to sell it. Is a win-win situation for you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I think 500 is reasonable. I bought an M4 last month, and it was 879 used. If you would have aproached me at the time of my purchase, I would have given you 500+ rather then buy the new one.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]
EMail me if you are serious about selling this, I'm in the Wheeling area, don't know if you are close or not.  I am due for a new rifle.
I'll give her a new happy home.  But she'll have to work for a living, as I have a serious Raccoon problem, and I don't wanna wake up the whole county blasting them with a .300 win mag.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not sell it to one of us who live in a AWB state....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
EMail me if you are serious about selling this, I'm in the Wheeling area, don't know if you are close or not.  I am due for a new rifle.
I'll give her a new happy home.  But she'll have to work for a living, as I have a serious Raccoon problem, and I don't wanna wake up the whole county blasting them with a .300 win mag.

Check you email CE, you're IM is disabled.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
yea, the states that still have the ban would love this rifle for $500-700.  Try posting it here....

northeastshooters.com under the classifieds.  i am sure you will sell that in less than an hour for $500 here.

good luck...rob
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget to keep me in mind!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top