Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:54:16 PM EDT
I was hoping to add a telescoping stock and flash supressor/compensator to my AR-15 after the ban sunsets next month. This will be legal, right?  What's the best way to add a flash supressor to a non-threaded barrel? What's a good supressor for a 16" barrel firing 55gr. rounds?

Any help appreciated,
-J
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the telescoping stock will be legal.  As far as needing your barrel threaded, I'm sending mine to KKF in Florida.  Great customer service and excellent workmanship.  You can find KKF in the Industry forum.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can get your barrel off any decent machine shop can thread it for you.  I forget what the thread is but someone will have it posted here before I can find it.  Then just buy the supressor of your choice and a peal or crush washer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's the best way to add a flash supressor to a non-threaded barrel? There isn't one. get it threaded. What's a good supressor for a 16" barrel firing 55gr. rounds? any .223 caliber flash hider will do, but the Vortex supresses flash the best..
Any help appreciated,
-J

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you can get your barrel off any decent machine shop can thread it for you.  I forget what the thread is but someone will have it posted here before I can find it.  Then just buy the supressor of your choice and a peal or crush washer.

you mean "Peel" not "peal" of course.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Once thhe ban sunsets I will still be living in the liberal waste land called NJ.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top