Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 7:57:22 AM EDT
If and when the ban goes away, do you think Bushmaster will offer replacement front sight towers with bayonet lugs? In the past they have not even sold the front sight tower seperatly.

If they don't, who makes such a part that would fit on Bushmaster barrels?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Replacing the FSB is a little more complicated than that....  I doubt they will offer it by itself as a general rule.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yankee Hill Machine Company makes them.  The also make a lot of components for Bushmaster also.

secure.valinet.com/~yankeeh/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=sights.html&&cart_id=7952922_17515
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I called BM on it not too long ago.  I was told, "No."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked to bushmaster one time and they said that the post ban barrels when put together have a bayo lug until the finish is put on them and they are wacked off and sanded. This may be because it would be easier to have one front tower in stock instead of two different  when you can just grind the lug off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine from Yankee Hill Machine.  Kurt at KKF is going to charge $40 for installation.  Not really cost effective since I don't even own a bayonet, but I want my rifle to be completely evil.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah.  evil is cool.  i'm still pissed my preban colt doesn't have one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top