Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:40:58 PM EDT
Bought two of them with the orange followers for my Double Star/Model 1 Sales AR and the bolt catch is not locking the bolt back when the charging handle is pulled to the rear with an empty magazine.  Tried a Tango Down mag in the same rifle and it locks the bolt back as it should.  Then tried the C Products mags in an LMT rifle and the bolt locks back as it should. Is there a problem with the followers in the C Products mags, or is there something about the bolt catch on the Double Star/M1S rifle that it is not catching the mag follower?  Keep in mind, the Tango Down mag works every time. A little confused.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:53:15 PM EDT
Probably a mix of the two....

Got a different lower you can try the mags in?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 8:38:17 PM EDT by ShadowCompany]
I don't have another lower to try, other than the LMT rifle.  I compared the bolt catch on the Double Star/M1S with the bolt catch on the LMT and could not discern any significant difference in either the function or dimension. Furthermore, the Tango Down mag works fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:43:03 PM EDT
look at the "finger" on the mag catch, some are shorter than others, compare to other lowers.

I would say stacking tolerances is causing you problems
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:27:24 PM EDT
Agreed.  Okays ––the best there is––with green usgi followers do the same thing in my lower.  I replace the followers with a Magpul or a DSG orange USGI clone and they work 100%.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:15:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Uni-Vibe:
Agreed.  Okays ––the best there is––with green usgi followers do the same thing in my lower.  I replace the followers with a Magpul or a DSG orange USGI clone and they work 100%.

That's what I was thinking - replace the followers.  

Top Top