Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/18/2015 2:33:11 PM EST
First time building, and almost have everything I need to get my first AR finished. However, I ordered a ballistic advantage barrel from a recommendation here and it seems to have a little 'something' in the barrel.

It has the tiniest little but of 'something' sticking up about half way through the barrel, the little chip sticking up is neither wide nor sticking very far up, but its there for sure. I wish I could get a picture of it, but my galaxy s1 is showing its years and cant even come close to focusing on the inside of a barrel.

I've blown a lot of air through the barrel, but I don't own a clean rod or anything, so I haven't been able to actually poke it, that being said it doesn't seem to be dust or debris

Is this normal? What should I do next? How do I know if I should RMA it if need be? Thank yall.

The barrel: http://ballisticadvantagellc.com/?product=5-56-16-hanson-midlength-1
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:42:26 PM EST
Go to Wal-Mart buy a Bore Snake and some CLP. Put a small amount on the bore snake and clean the barrel and re-inspect. It could be anything, and is very possibly not a big deal. If you haven't cleaned it and don't have a picture then a group of folks on the internet will likely not be of any help... although opinions abound.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:44:45 PM EST
It's probably from the gas port. When drilling the gas port there is often a tiny fragment that gets left, it's common in any gun that has a gas port, not just ARs. First shot will take care of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:20:57 PM EST
As above, gas port burr.

Shoot it out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:54:57 PM EST
What was your shipping time like from BA?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:06:59 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SHIPSNIPE1:
As above, gas port burr.

Shoot it out.
View Quote

As above, as above.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:18:09 PM EST
Fast, got my barrel in 3 days after ordering.

Though, I did ask for a dirty joke in my order comments and did not receive one. So that was a bit of a downer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:21:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 8:24:16 PM EST by kokopelli]
Originally Posted By CpFresh:
Fast, got my barrel in 3 days after ordering.

Though, I did ask for a dirty joke in my order comments and did not receive one. So that was a bit of a downer.
View Quote

no bueno! I asked PSA to draw a Pirate Monkey on my box once and they did it! -looked pretty good, too.

That is a relief...I'm torn between the BA 14.7 that I would perm attach an A2 flash hider to, or a Del-Ton 16", both mid-length....Del-Ton would save me $45, though...

edit- called up BA on the phone, placed order. Bam. He said they've been buzzing around due to SHOT, and mine should go out by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:57:39 AM EST
Aw damn it! Your comment didn't come through on the order sheet! I'll make sure to send you one with the next order.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:03:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By BallisticAdvantage:
Aw damn it! Your comment didn't come through on the order sheet! I'll make sure to send you one with the next order.
View Quote

How ironic that was your 69th post...
Top Top