Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:12:27 PM EDT
I want to get one for a KISS build.   I really like the simplicity of this stock.  I can't seem to find one at any of the normal parts retailers.

Thanks...

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a Colt fiberlite (or similar clone). That's not an aluminum 'retro', though I believe it is the correct stock for replacement and on new models beginning maybe in the early or mid 80s. I can't remember for sure.

I believe Model 1 Sales sells one like it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Derek

I can't beat that price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
M&A Parts sells a true milspec CAR stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheaper Than Dirt has them for 39.95, but you still have to pay shipping.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR007-7.html

Edited to add... Here's the M&A 6 position "mil spec" one ($55 plus shipping):
http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1072

I've got one of those, but I also have a couple of the less expensive ones. Unless you're gonna put one of the latest uber-tactical-wannabe stocks on there, you really don't need the "mil spec" tube. The only difference I can tell is that the tube is a _very_slightly_ bigger outer diameter. So slightly, that you can still slide the smaller cheap stocks onto the tube if you want to, though the fit is tight. Of course, if you were to put a stock made for the larger tube on the smaller one, it would probably rattle around a bit. Just be a loose fit.

Unless you're just into spending money to feel extra cool and superior, buy the cheaper one. I'm sure someone will come along with a three page scientific report on why I'm wrong, but they're welcome to their opinions.  

Edited to add: Too bad Sportsmans Guide isn't still running the deal they had not too long ago. They were selling them for $25 each.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:15:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Most of the commercial tubes are a bit longer than the mil-spec as well.  I have found that since I have come to retro-land that I don't care for the extra pull any more.

I have an M&A mil-spec fiberlite.  I have to look for the N on the Colt to tell the stocks apart.  The M&A mil-spec receiver extension has a much rougher finish than any other I have played with and that texture stands out like a black magazine release on a retro gun.

The fiberlite stock is period from 1985, when it replaces the aluminum stock, to 2002 when it's replaced by the stock currently on the M4.  Some would say it's not retro at all...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]
E-mail sent.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top