Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:56:10 PM EDT
I have checked with most of the board sponsors, but to no avail. Im looking for a hard shell case, be it plastic or metal. I would like its width  to be able to accomidate 2 ARs side by side, or at least my AR and my 1300, and still have room for a handfull of clips, and various other supplies. I would prefer that it have a good locking system, or be able to take 2 or 3 conventional masterlocks. It need not be very long. Just long enought for a fully extended 14.5 carbine.
Any thoughts??
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Pelican 1700 or 1720 will fit an AR and your 1300 with room for accessories. Doubt if they will hold (2) AR's. Maybe with one right side up, and the other upside down.

Tack
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Pelican 1720 for me.  Works out perfect, a little heavy though.  But that is expected with all of the shit in there.  I got mine from CPD Inds.  They laser cut the foam for about an extra $50.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.magpul.com/pics/kh1.jpg

Pelican 1720 for me.  Works out perfect, a little heavy though.  But that is expected with all of the shit in there.  I got mine from CPD Inds.  They laser cut the foam for about an extra $50.  

I was about to ask how you guys cut the foam so clean. Baring the laser cut procedure, I assume you take an outline of the item, and then use something along the lines of an X-acto knife?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.magpul.com/pics/kh1.jpg

Well, I'm hard.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
One of those cheap utility knifes that have the blades which snap off as you use it works well if you extend the blade all the way. Plan your cuts carefully and take your time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, I'm hard.

Shucks, and on your first post!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a great starlight double rifle case will take two rifles but stacks them.  It is pretty darn huge.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine.

I use an Electric Carving Knife (2 bladed) as suggested by Pelican. Another neat trick that has been confirmed here on ARFCOM, is to put the foam in a freezr for awhile (Don't know how long) to make the cuts more clean.

Case is a Pelican 1700

Tack
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top