Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2003 10:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2003 10:11:44 AM EDT by cgebhard]
Hi,

I just got off the phone with Ed Verdugo at GRSC, he doesn't recommend the HK Snap Hooks on the side sling adaptors. As recommended in this post at ar15.com ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=168249&page=1

Ed's webite is www.grsc.com/index-2.html and you can contact him at (909) 845.9838

Ed is a wealth of info. I would recommend talking with him, he can tell you all the details, but specifically he said the gate doesn't lock on the HK hook. He has another style that he uses. Ed sells his products through DPMS, Fulton, Soc Sales, ZM Weapons and ADRENALINE ARMS. Ed said if you have a side sling adaptor it's probably his.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:08:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 11:10:58 AM EDT by SMGLee]
I agree with Ed, I have also used Ed's sling design since 1988, his fast buckle sling is copied by most in the industry. I have a CQB solution sling made by Ed since 1989. If you are just patrolling or hiking with a gun, the combo is fine, it will just make some noise. If you are maneuverings your weapon left to right, transition strong side to weak side, you will have a problem with the snap hook and the loop sling plate, eventually the snap hook will work its way loose. the Gold quick pull shackle is a much better choice in a quick release sling set up. The sling loop on the receiver end plate was originally designed by Ed at GRSC, I had one on my gun since early 90s.
Top Top