Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 11:15:22 AM EDT
I'm considering a pre-ban 14.5 w/Phantom flash hider.  I curious what the pin and welded job looks like.  Close up photos for these old peepers, please!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't really see anything if it's done correctly. The hole is welded over, filed smooth, and everything reparked to match.

Sorry it's not really the answer to your question. Maybe somebody will show you what you won't see. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an old 11.5 + 5.5 CAR upper that Kurt did that to. Same thing, as in nothing to see.
[BD]
I'm sure someone will post a picture of their hack job eventually [%|]

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a KKF A3 Tac Brake and you can see nothing to indicate it has been permanently affixed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a pre-ban 14.5" with a Phantom permanently attached by Bushmaster and you CANNOT even see where it was pinned. Not even a slight imperfection to tell where the pin is located.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Waldo, Are those boobies on your face?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top