Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:00:21 AM EDT
I have been surfing the net all day looking at prices.

my Frist questions is:  What do you think of Wolf Performance brand?  

2nd questions is:

Ammoman.com - has on there site: 223 russian 62gr for $149.00 - 1000 rounds

and

Ammunitionstore.com - has on there site: 223 wolf performance 55gr for $109.00 - 1000 rounds and 308 for $149.00 - 1000 rounds

what do you think!   Is this a good deal???

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Heads up, your gonna be told to do a search by one of these guys

I'll tell you that Wolf is not that bad.  It shoots well and is really cheap.  You have to make your own decision, find some Wolf local and shoot it.  If you like it, the ammoman deal is really pretty good.  I get it at Gander Mountain for $2.50/20rds.  Works out to be around $133/1000rds with tax.

Oh ya, make sure it is the new ploymer coated ammo.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I did do a search of this info! wolf ammo   and what i have found is some have probelms and some dont.  I have only used wolf  for 40 cal and had some problems.  (missed fire) out of 100 rounds 10 missed fired.  never used it for 223.   I wanted to know if this may have been just a bad batch of 40 cal or a larger thing with all different cals.    that was more of my question.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll save about $20 or $25 with the ammunitionstore.com prices, after shipping is factored in. Depending on where you live relative to the ammo company, shipping is generally around $10-$15, so add that to the price. Ammoman is a good deal if you live on the west coast, and you don't.

Wolf is fine for the vast majority of shooters. Match ammo, or defensive ammo it isn't. For plinking and VERY informal target shooting it's fine. Some people with problematic rifles have reported "issues", but most rifles eat it up like candy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
ammoman said there free shipping..

YES we said FREE SHIPPING !

"THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY"

and no "HIDDEN" Credit Card Charges..

SORRY BUT WE DO NOT SHIP TO ALASKA, HAWAII or MASSACHUSETTS OR NEW JERSEY !

and

Ammunitionstore.com charges to ship!   hummm.. most likely be the same at the end!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Ashton - $$-wise, you are probably better off buying from Ammunitionstore.com.  It shouldn't cost $40 to ship to VA (I live in NoVA and it certainly did not cost me $40 when I last ordered 1,000 Wolf 5.56mm from the 'Store).  Like a previous poster stated, it's a better deal from Ammoman if you live out on the west coast.  You can e-mail Ammunitionstore and get a quote on shipping if you like.

BTW - Ammoman does not ship for free. You think UPS works for free? No. The shipping is in his all-inclusive price. Bad deal if you live close to NJ; good if you live far away.  Oh, and I have heard that if you pick it up at his place of business, he cuts the "all-inclusive" price.

I have shot a lot of Wolf 62gr and 55gr FMJ 5.56mm ammo thru my AR15 middie. No problems - bang every time. I did have problems with Silver Bear, however. Won't buy that again.

I have also shot Wolf FMJ 9mm, .40S&W, .45 ACP & 7.62x39.  I have had no problems.  I am not a particular Wolf advocate, it's just inexpensive compared to others and works well for me in the plinking ammo area.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
i've seen the wolf polymer coated stuff cheaper at sportsmans guide.  about $20 less or so, even after shipping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

and

Ammunitionstore.com charges to ship!   hummm.. most likely be the same at the end!  

OK, ammostore sells  762x39 for $109+ ACTUAL s/h.

AMMOMAN sells(sold) the same for $149 SHIPPED.

Since when does it cost $40 to shipp a 20lb box <300mi?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're looking for a good price on Wolf ammunition, check out the Sportsmans Guide.  There are some coupons listed in the Ammunition Forum that will cover the shipping if you buy a couple of cases.

I just bought 3K rounds of the Wolf 55grn FMJ for $359 and change DELIVERED.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a place on ammunition stores website that gives you a quote for shipping
to your zipcode.
I have never done business with ammunition store.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have bought from them mail order and at the local gun show. No problems.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you're looking for a good price on Wolf ammunition, check out the Sportsmans Guide.  There are some coupons listed in the Ammunition Forum that will cover the shipping if you buy a couple of cases.

I just bought 3K rounds of the Wolf 55grn FMJ for $359 and change DELIVERED.

I can't find this coupon...  Wanna share?  I could always use some more Wolf.  Sent you an IM about this.  

Anyone else know the coupon code for this?

Thanks,

-X
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy from Ammunitionstore all the time and have never had any issues - their prices are consistently among the lowest (delivered price) compared to many of the other online retailers.   I've even picked up cases of ammo at my local gunshow cheaper than they list it on their website...no shipping required!

Anyway, great people to do business with and shipping is reasonable (to Virginia at least).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=222888

This thread is tacked on this forum and should help.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're looking for a good price on Wolf ammunition, check out the Sportsmans Guide.
. . .
Anyone else know the coupon code for this?

Thanks,

-X

Check the Sportsman's Guide listing notes in the Ammo Price List.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#15]
nevermind.  found something that works pretty well
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
LMFAO!!!  Thanx Brillo.  I found that.  I was looking for a specific "free shipping" code.  The one for ak-47.net coupon works out for a little bit better of a price on 3 cases.

-X
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'll tell you that Wolf is not that bad.  It shoots well and is really cheap.  You have to make your own decision, find some Wolf local and shoot it.  If you like it, the ammoman deal is really pretty good.  I get it at Gander Mountain for $2.50/20rds.  Works out to be around $133/1000rds with tax.

You sir are probably the reason I had to call 4 stores to find any of this stuff last weekend. BASTARD!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir are probably the reason I had to call 4 stores to find any of this stuff last weekend. BASTARD!!!!

The GM in Taylor always seems to have a good supply of the new Poly ammo.  Can't beat the price
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

and

There is no such thing as free shipping, it's there you just have to look. Eric(Ammoman) is a good guy to deal with and his prices are pretty good depending on were you live.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank you everyone!  Your posts have been very helpful.   I have had my AR15 and mak-90 for about 10 years now. And both are stock and never thought about changing them!   Till now!  I'm just getting back in to shooting after 7 years.   I hope I’ll be hanging out on this site a little more getting ideas!  And getting to know some of you!

Thank you everyone!

Ashton

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I would also suggest looking/callinf local stores. I like Barnaul better thanWolf for accuracy. I found that and WinWhiteBox 40pks cheaper at a local hunting store than online and walmart.
$65 for 500 and $12.50 for 40 WWB respectively. I don't know why everyone else on here gets WWB so cheap at Wally's because we pay $14.50 there?????
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would also suggest looking/callinf local stores. I like Barnaul better thanWolf for accuracy. I found that and WinWhiteBox 40pks cheaper at a local hunting store than online and walmart.
$65 for 500 and $12.50 for 40 WWB respectively. I don't know why everyone else on here gets WWB so cheap at Wally's because we pay $14.50 there?????

I'v looked at local stores and the price is very high!    

My next question is!   any one reloading 223, 308, some small arms?   and what would be the cost of buying and reloading my own ammo?    

if you have any links please post them for me! thank you

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'v looked at local stores and the price is very high!    

My next question is!   any one reloading 223, 308, some small arms?   and what would be the cost of buying and reloading my own ammo?    

if you have any links please post them for me! thank you

Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Try the reloading forum:

AR15.com > General > Applications > Reloading
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top