Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:19:42 AM EDT
I want to build a 14.5 upper with an extended flash hider of "my choise."

I have most of the upper parts so ordering a barreled upper is out of the question.  The big problem is that if I get a factory extended barrel I'm stuck with "their front sight tower or gas block and their type of extended flash hider."  

Even if I was luckey enough to find a factory extended 14.5 barrel with the exact gas block and flash hider that I want (at a decent price), the free float hand guards that I have in mind require the removal of the gas block and flash hider prior to instalation.  Thats hard to do with a factory extened barrel.

Where do I get a 14.5 barrel without a perminatley attached (extended) flash hider.  Do all companies require a SBR license documentation befor shipping one?

Thank, ST.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Answered your other post w/ a couple company suggestions, (same question), just thought I'd ask a question here.

As the Phantom and Vortex are tops in flash suppression.

Exactly what flash suppressor are you intending on using? (ya make it sound like something new)

Mike

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike,
I posted my question in the barrel section before realizing that this is a more suitable place for it, my bust.

The fantom and the vortex are great flash hiders and were in my original plans until I saw the Sabre extended flash hider.  It's the one I have to have!  I realy like the "Miliitary issue" look it has.    

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What a bought this one? http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=218&products_id=258
I had the same questions and here is one of my posts. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=273728

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top