Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:30:40 AM EDT
I've got a bunch of receivers coming onto my dealer this week and was planning on having at least a couple of them transfered to me as pistols (PA makes a distinction between rifles and pistols in transfers).

To remove any doubt about the provenance of the receivers I have considered having the dealer log them ALL into his bound book as pistols, then have the shop gunsmith stamp each receiver with the word "PISTOL"

They are Stag Arms receivers, so there are no markings indicating caliber or rifle already present.

My presumption is that once the receivers are marked, logged, and transferred as pistols, that there should be no issue of building them into either pistol or rifle configuration.

Sound good? Am I missing something?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Remember, if you buy 2 or more "pistols" at one time your dealer will have to send in paperwork to the Feds.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Remember, if you buy 2 or more "pistols" at one time your dealer will have to send in paperwork to the Feds.  

If the Feds have been keeping track of my firearms purchases (and some of them have required their involvement) I probably have my own filing cabinet by now
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Feds have been keeping track of my firearms purchases (and some of them have required their involvement) I probably have my own filing cabinet by now

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top