Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/29/2003 4:39:02 AM EST
A friend owns a preban gunsmoke pistol with a model 1 sales 7.5" upper the gun does not lock up consistently. The same upper works fine in another friends m16 with a colt m4 H buffer.

We notice the back of the carrier is striking the receiver end.

Is it legal to replace the short buffer tube, with an entry stock one after drilling the hole at the end so as to prevent instalation of the stock.

Other than I said he should just an OA 93 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:22:43 PM EST
First of all, I am not a legal expert. This is my opinion. I have seen people posting they used modifed CAR stocks. As in they milled off the part on the tube that the stock locks/slides on. Bascially disabling it as a "stock" tube. Being a pre ban pistol, the so called "BS" weight limit does not apply. In my observation, if you use a "tactical stock tube" that has modified so that a "stock" can not be installed, then it's just a tube. If the stock can't be installed, you can't have a stocked pistol, which is illegal unless you have the right papers (and taxes paid). I suppose the modification can be drilling the hole so the threads are gone or welding over..... (drilling easier). I see no problem in that. The tactical stock tube is no longer a butt stock tube if you can't put one on. I would compare modifing the tube to modifing a pre ban upper to work on a post ban lower. That is my observation/opinion. Your call....
Top Top