Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:03:51 PM EDT
I have a hahn heavy pistol buffer that I got in a trade. It has about a half inch of over travel and its causing some problems. I think that spikes makes something that will fix it, and i have seen that RRA has some kind of plastic insert too, I was just wondering what is the best option.

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:09:24 PM EDT
The Spike's unit is great. Fair price, quality material and it is a drop in and go system. I ended up making my own out of Delrin to cut down on weight but I would recommend getting one from Spike's as they are just great folks to deal with!

Since I have added a spacer, there are no more broken 9mm bolt catches! Worth the $15 for sure. Here's a link for you!

Get one and you'll notice shorter time between shots, less felt recoil and many other advantages. Have fun!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:08:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bnr32gtr:
The Spike's unit is great. Fair price, quality material and it is a drop in and go system. I ended up making my own out of Delrin to cut down on weight but I would recommend getting one from Spike's as they are just great folks to deal with!

Since I have added a spacer, there are no more broken 9mm bolt catches! Worth the $15 for sure. Here's a link for you!

Get one and you'll notice shorter time between shots, less felt recoil and many other advantages. Have fun!

Thanks for the input, I mainly just wanted some feetback before I got it. Maybe Ill order a 22 upper while Im at it, it will save me 5 bucks on shipping, sounds like a good idea to me

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azeyecap:
I have a hahn heavy pistol buffer that I got in a trade. It has about a half inch of over travel and its causing some problems. I think that spikes makes something that will fix it, and i have seen that RRA has some kind of plastic insert too, I was just wondering what is the best option.

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube. This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel is works quite well.

Try it, you will like it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:59:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By acidman:

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube. This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel and works quite well.

Try it, you will like it. No need for special parts and shipping.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:09:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:33:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bnr32gtr:

Thanks for the input, I mainly just wanted some feetback before I got it. Maybe Ill order a 22 upper while Im at it, it will save me 5 bucks on shipping, sounds like a good idea to me

You sound like my wife. "Look honey, I just bought these clothes/shoes/purses/etc. and got a 10% discount if I spent over $1000. I saved you money!!"

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:11:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By acidman:

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube. This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel is works quite well.

Try it, you will like it.

This.

I tried it today and it worked great, besides it can be an emergency snack fund if needed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:39:15 PM EDT
I use the quarters and its worked well so far. I wanted to try Spike's spacer, but couldn't swallow the $11 shipping for a $15 part.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:28:08 PM EDT
I cut a circle out of a 3/4" piece of plastic and stuck it in the tube, works well
Top Top