Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:02:21 PM EST
I'd like to buy either a rimfire 1911 or Beretta 92 for plinking.
Do you know which conversion kits have a last round bolt open feature?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:41:47 PM EST
The original Colt units did.

There's a new 1911 kit that does, but I forget the name. Might be Advantage. It has a steel insert in the slide to take care of it.

Actually, bolt hold-open is not a real big deal if you can count to ten. Even if you can't, the Ciener firing pin doesn't hit the chamber if dry-fired. Like the Ruger MK II and 10/22, it's designed not to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:40:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 7:40:54 PM EST by advntrjnky]
IIRC it is the Jarvis 1911 .22lr conversin that has the lastrd hold open. i believe they use the same mags as the colt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:20:59 PM EST
That Jarvis looks nice. They even have a kit with a threaded barrel:
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:14:23 AM EST
Advantage Arms will, see link:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:00:27 AM EST
I’ve got a JAC kit for my 1911 that I got second hand I absolutely love it and would not hesitate to get another one. It locks back about 75% of the time… Not absolutely positive but I think the other 25% is mainly due to my grip on the pistol and the lighter weight of the slide. Could also be that the weapon is dirty; I’ve been doing about a brick each range session and by the end things are pretty dirty. Hope this helps.
Top Top