Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2007 8:24:33 PM EDT
Firs off I am sorry if this has been covered before but My first AR is waiting on this part.

I need the size of the grip screw,  I believe a 1/4 inch fine thread will do it but i need to know the length.

Have torn the house and packing materials apart and cant find the screw or lockwashers  so either they never got sent or I really lost them.  everything else was there and is installed.

Second question   What size allen wrench is needed for that little bitty set screw on a Magpul trigger guard?

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to AR15.com!  

1. The AR grip screw size is 1/4" with 28 threads per inch and 1" long.
2. I have never used a Magpul product.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You  Now I can get it running tomorrow.
 I missed the hardware store by about 3 minutes and Wal Mart does not have any fine thread machene screws no mater how many times you look at them  they are all still 1/4-20's.  I can live with the Magpul being not right but I need to put at least one round out of it.

Thanks Again
Mike
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top