Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 5:41:06 PM EDT by JackBurton]
How does one go about pinning a FS on a 14.5 barrel.  I understand it must be welded and there are ATF specific rules about how its got to be done.  Is there a place to send a barrel out to have this service done?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:05:05 PM EDT
It can be done if you have access to a good welder and are proficient enough to cover the pin hole in the flash suppressor to suit you cosmetically.

If not, ADCO would probably be the place to send it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:24:41 PM EDT
Thanks, i had it sent directly and its getting welded and pinned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:33:03 PM EDT
Make sure they back it up. i had one from a different vendor come loose after 320rounds. Now I have a welded loose flash suppresor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 1:59:38 PM EDT by JackBurton]
Yeah, I talked to him about that, apparently he pins it, welds it all the way around, machines it, refinishes the entire barrel and the finished product is seamless.  It looks like the barrel was made that way.

I am going with a Smith Vortex and will post the pictures when I get the barrel back from the shop.

BTW: Where in Wisconsin are you. I am a musky fanatic also and regularly fish the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Trout Lake, and Big St. Germain Lake when I am in WI.

You know they used to shoot muskies...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:55:17 AM EDT
Southern WI, Milwaukee area. Mostly fish Pewaukee lake, its close. Normally take a trip once a year in the fall to the Hayward or Minocqua area. I cant even fish for bass any more, All I have to have is a follow up and I am set for weeks.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:22:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JackBurton:
Yeah, I talked to him about that, apparently he pins it, welds it all the way around, machines it, refinishes the entire barrel and the finished product is seamless.  It looks like the barrel was made that way.

Wow thats pretty wild! Sounds like hes pinning it in case his weld doesnt hold up! Welding or pinning alone should be sufficient.
Top Top