Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2005 10:13:47 AM EDT
Is there a way to make a Bushmaster Pinned Collapsible Stock functional? Or are they permanently fixed open? I might be able to pick one up pretty cheap and will do so if I can make it work again...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they are pinned and epoxied.  I have a RRA fixed and can't find any way to make it functional without destroying the stock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in NY and can get a used collapsible stock but how would I pin it. Could I just use Epoxy?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm in NY and can get a used collapsible stock but how would I pin it. Could I just use Epoxy?

What brand is it, and is it in good condition? The reason im asking is, if I end up getting this like new pinned Bushmaster stock, maybe we can trade? Send me an email if your interested...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
adco had a fix for this iirc

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a pinned RRA stock that I'll sell for real cheap, say $10 plus shipping?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Could I just use Epoxy?

No.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, what is the way to do it? I remember when the Federal AWB was in effect some members here were pinning collapsible stocks to make them post ban compliant. They would even pin them at certain lengths which is what I want to do. Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I might be mistaken, but didn't the fake collapsing Bushmaster stock have a longer buffer tube? If you slid the stock forward, would it not protrude from the back of the stock?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
You are correct.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OK, what is the way to do it? I remember when the Federal AWB was in effect some members here were pinning collapsible stocks to make them post ban compliant. They would even pin them at certain lengths which is what I want to do. Thank you.

Legally they could not pin the stocks.  When Bushmaster & RRA made pinned stocks they used an extra long receiver extension to make sure the stock could not be made collapsible.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#11]
So wait, in an AWB State, can you own a pinned stock with a carbine length buffer tube in it?
I mean, as long as you stay within a min. OAL, wouldn't that be OK?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So wait, in an AWB State, can you own a pinned stock with a carbine length buffer tube in it?
I mean, as long as you stay within a min. OAL, wouldn't that be OK?

It wasn't during the FEd ban.  Bushy tried that option and the BATF wouldn't allow them to do that (hence the longer receiver extension).  IIRC the rule was if the receiver extension had been drilled for more than 1 hole then it was possible (in the eyes of the BATF) that you could convert it to a telestock.

Kinda silly and I'd bet it would be tough for a jury to convict you if you made a good faith effort to fix the stock.  But by the BATF rules of the time standard telestocks could not be 'pinned' or 'epoxied'.

Magpul had some option for fixing the stock, but I don't know the details on that (other than Magpul stocks work differently).
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I might be mistaken, but didn't the fake collapsing Bushmaster stock have a longer buffer tube? If you slid the stock forward, would it not protrude from the back of the stock?

This explains why they use a rifle buffer instead of the carbine buffer with the pinned stocks...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#14]
You can make the pinned Stock funtional but it requires driving or drillin gout the pins, replacing the buffer tube, obtaining and installing the spring loaded pin, etc.  For the cost of the stock and parts, and your time....  Just buy a collapsible stock.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Friend from work had a standard A2 stock on a post ban Bush master and replaced it with a collapsible one. Actually he ended up having a smith do it because Bushmaster put some sort of epoxy on the rear screws to prevent it from being removed. The screws had to be drilled out. I am sure they did something similar with the post ban collapsible stocks also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top