Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:41:40 PM EDT
I want to get a new Bushmaster or Rock River Arms carbine, but I don't have all of the money right now. If I buy an upper now and a lower later (I have a Bushmaster Varminter Special I can switch the upper out for while I save up for the lower), will the warrenty work for it as one gun or will it have to be for two different pieces? Also, if I get a Bushmaster upper and a RRA lower, will that void both warrenties? What do you guys think? Should I proceed with my current plan of piece by piece or should I save up and get it all at once?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 5:01:16 PM EDT by jmkrick]
Rock River covers the complete uppers and complete lowers as well as the complete rifles.

Here Hope this link works for you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:11:23 PM EDT
Here's RRA's warranty directly from their site:

"Rock River Arms offers the following warranties on its products: Complete Rifles, Upper Halves and Lower Halves carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty against failure of factory parts and labor."

and here's Bushmaster's warranty from their site:

"Bushmaster Firearms, Inc. firearms are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Any such defect of which Bushmaster Firearms, Inc. is given written notice, as provided below, within one year and ten days from the date of first purchase by a customer will be remedied by Bushmaster Firearms, Inc."

If you have any questions regarding their warranties, based upon how you may acquire an AR, then call them. Warranties can be tricky so careful.

Also, consider why you want to piece it together, as far as buying a lower and upper seperately. What is the benefit in taking that route?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 6:10:30 PM EDT by 1911-MW]

Originally Posted By Matt_B:
Also, consider why you want to piece it together, as far as buying a lower and upper seperately. What is the benefit in taking that route?

The reason? $$$ It is cheaper to buy the parts and put it together. At least in my opinion. I am a newbie, so I may be way off.

Example: Using Stag (I am going back and forth between Stag & RRA)
Stag-15 with A.R.M.S. #40 A2, Model 2 Pre-Ban, MSRP $925.00

Stag-15L Complete Upper Half A.R.M.S. #40 A2, Model 2H Pre-Ban, MSRP $525.00
I can get a fully assembled lower with 6 pos stock for $225 or so.

Result? If I paid SRP I would pay $180 less than buying it outright! I can get the upper through most AR15 vendors for less than $500 pretty easy.

Question on parts... What is the difference between M4 style handguards and regular? It is hard to tell from the little pictures on the manufacurer website...

Does anybody know Stag's warranty policy? I could not find it on thier site.

Thanks, I look forward to the responses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:00:10 PM EDT
I want to pick up a upper first and use it with the Bushmaster Varminter Special I have. I don't have enough to afford a full rifle so I want to buy a full upper first, shoot it with the lower I have and buy a new lower in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:38:10 PM EDT
You cant compare MSRP of a rifle then market price for a complete lower and call that a price comparison. You will not find a complete Stag for the high price you just listed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:49:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DevL:
You cant compare MSRP of a rifle then market price for a complete lower and call that a price comparison. You will not find a complete Stag for the high price you just listed.

The 1st price I found was at http://www.rbprecision.com/id68.htm
Stag-15L with A.R.M.S. #40 A2, Model 2L Pre-Ban, $920

Here is the 2nd price....
$925 at www.talonarms.com/

I may be a little off, but I still think it is a deal to buy the assembled uppers and lowers and put them together yourself. If I am wrong please let me know, I am about to order a lower!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 11:07:49 PM EDT by DevL]
You save on the Federal Excise Tax... is buying the upper seperate technically tax evasion once he puts em together or not?

The prices you quoted are MAP not the real price you pay in the EE for a complete rifle. Also account for two shipping fees.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:04:25 AM EDT
My very first attempt to get a price on a your combination in the EE resulted in a price of under $850 delivered for the complete rifle and sight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DevL:
My very first attempt to get a price on a your combination in the EE resulted in a price of under $850 delivered for the complete rifle and sight.

The best price I have found on the upper and lower combo is $695, through the EE. That price included shipping. So we are still saving at least $100+. Right?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:18:33 AM EDT
Seems so. I cant remember what the FEt is % wise but I would assume a larg chunk of your savings is there. I just noticed you already have an upper so as long as you dont order the upper and lower from the save vendor at the same time you shoud be able to avoid that fee and be legal.
Top Top