Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 2:17:16 PM EDT
ive narrowed the choice down between the tasco super sniper 10x, and the leupold, mark 4 PR 4.5-14x40. can i see some pics of yours, and see your comments.

thanks, cory
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I presently have an EOTech on one AR carbine I use for 3-gum matches and an ACOG TA01NSN on another AR carbine I use for precision distance shooting.

But.............I do have a Lupy Tactical scope that I have on my AICS Rem 700P. My experience with Leupold out shines my experience with Tasco. Clarity of glass, durability, and customer service. To me there is no comparison.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotta love those AICS stocks.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a SS, and I'd have to believe the Leupy to be a much better scope.  The SS is okay...if you want a mil dot scope, and only have $300 to spend, then you're options are limited.  For about what an SS goes for, Nikon makes a Buckmaster in 4.5x14x40 with a mil dot, AND it's a couple of $$ cheaper if you scout around.  I have the same scope w/o the mil dot, and I was just shooting that, along with the .308 DPMS that the SS is on.  I spent about 4 hours at the range on Saturday, looking/shooting through each of the scopes for quite a while.  The Nikon has better glass, period.  I know the Leupy's are probably better than the Buckmaster, so I think you'd be better of with that between the 2.    

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Rambosky, that is one sweet looking gun, i wouldnt mind one of those have

cory
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try a Nightforce in the NSX series, they make very high quality optics. I switched from a Leupold to a Nightforce, no comparision in clarity and precision.

Nightforce Optics

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a small $$problem$$ with nightforce, i do really like them, and i would really injoy that illuminated reticle, but like i said $$problem$$ lol. and that is another sweet lookin guns. as soon as i finish my ar im gonna start a project on a bench gun, probably in 6br, and i will probably top that with a 12-42 nightforce.thanks, cory
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#7]
jjmcrowell,

Nine camo job on your AICS.  What is the length of your barrel?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a 20" Krieger. The rifle started life with a factory Remington 24" barrel, I thought I would lose some velocity....I gained a bunch, the gun shoots much flatter now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a 20" Krieger. The rifle started life with a factory Remington 24" barrel, I thought I would lose some velocity....I gained a bunch, the gun shoots much flatter now.

Can you explain how?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The old one had over 7000 rounds through it, the Krieger maybe has a tighter gas seal...any number of reasons. Who knows why, I do know my dope adjustment for 300 yards went from 5-1/2 MOA to 3-3/4 MOA.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Mike at CS, i looked on your website, and i cant find the PR 4.5-14x40, thats what im going to go with. can you give me a price on one with a mildot if you carry them. i plan to build a bench gun shortly, so when that time comes, i will definently come to you for the NF scope.

thanks, cory
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top