Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 4:59:19 PM EDT by diveriter]
Can some one post some pics of the Yankee Hill EOTech Optic Riser - YHM-220 monted on their flat top?? I have a GG&G BUIS and I want to see how/where this mounts on the flat top. It would put the co-witness where it should be in the lower 3rd of the window.

Thanks
David
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 6:36:26 PM EDT by VARANGIAN]
Here you go.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 5:51:20 PM EDT by diveriter]

Originally Posted By VARANGIAN:
Here you go.
www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6710c4f612.jpg
www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/127a8f4453.jpg

Links no workie...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:39:07 PM EDT
Tried another host can you see them now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:11:35 PM EDT
Yup!! Thanks... The riser only comes so far back there right?? Looks like we both have the same GG&G rear sight. So the riser can be moved all the way back to the rear site base? Is that a cap head holding the riser on?

Thanks
David
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:42:53 PM EDT
I think you should be able to get the riser back against youre rear sight base. Here is a pick of the two attatchment points.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:26:29 AM EDT
Co-witness is something one does 1/100 of 1 percent of the time when their optics fail. What is more important is your Eotech at the correct cheek-weld height. Making it go higher not only hurts that, but also makes it no longer align with the PVS-14.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:35:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 5:39:17 AM EDT by Onslaught]

Originally Posted By rsilvers:
Co-witness is something one does 1/100 of 1 percent of the time when their optics fail. What is more important is your Eotech at the correct cheek-weld height. Making it go higher not only hurts that, but also makes it no longer align with the PVS-14.

Subjective - depends on the individual. I can get a better cheek weld with the riser for my big noggin.
That is an excellent point to consider if you're going to use the PVS-14.

Using a riser or not using a riser is not a science, it's a preference. It will be an improvement for some, a detriment to others, and it will depend on your intended use(s).

Originally Posted By diveriter:
It would put the co-witness where it should be in the lower 3rd of the window.

Thanks
David

If you're going to use a folding rear BUIS, I don't see this as an issue either way. Actually, you get a better picture of the front sight using absolute co-witness. If you're using a fixed rear BUIS, then for a lot of folks (like me), the rear BUIS does block a lot of the EOTech's view. In that case, I'd be much more inclined to get a riser.

I always suggest that people try the EO directly on the flat-top for a couple of weeks before they spend any money on a riser.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:25:49 AM EDT
Ah, I forgot that there are fixed rear-backup sights. I use the KAC 600 meter for most of my rifles. I probably would want a riser if I had a fixed rear such as the LaRue or LMT.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:32:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:36:53 AM EDT by diveriter]

Originally Posted By Onslaught:
If you're going to use a folding rear BUIS, I don't see this as an issue either way. Actually, you get a better picture of the front sight using absolute co-witness. If you're using a fixed rear BUIS, then for a lot of folks (like me), the rear BUIS does block a lot of the EOTech's view. In that case, I'd be much more inclined to get a riser.

I always suggest that people try the EO directly on the flat-top for a couple of weeks before they spend any money on a riser.

I agree. I have the GG&G folder... I have run the Eotech on the flat top for awhile, but what I don't care for is the dot being RIGHT on top of the front pin. It's distracting. I feel I would be better served if the pin were in the lower 3rd. Limiting the distraction and giving me more field of view. The slight elevation on a 16" isn't going to mount to a hill of beans for POI for CQB... IMHO.

Thanks a bunch guys!
David
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:35:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VARANGIAN:
I think you should be able to get the riser back against youre rear sight base. Here is a pick of the two attatchment points.

img142.imageshack.us/img142/1589/eotechriser3ar.jpg

Actually after looking at yours mounted... that's right where mine sits now. Forward enough that I can easily reach the buttons.

David
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:21:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By diveriter:

I agree. I have the GG&G folder... I have run the Eotech on the flat top for awhile, but what I don't care for is the dot being RIGHT on top of the front pin. It's distracting. I feel I would be better served if the pin were in the lower 3rd. Limiting the distraction and giving me more field of view. The slight elevation on a 16" isn't going to mount to a hill of beans for POI for CQB... IMHO.

Thanks a bunch guys!
David

Your dot will always be right on top of the front pin. Even if you raise the sight.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:39:09 PM EDT
so its mounted at that only one attachement point? not going to rip off???
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 3:22:00 PM EDT by diveriter]

Your dot will always be right on top of the front pin. Even if you raise the sight.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself... I want the entire front site to be lower in the 3rd of my site.

David
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:15:33 PM EDT
Yes, I know -- but the dot will move down with the front sight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:33:15 PM EDT

So are you saying the ONLY real advantage of a riser is cheek weld??

I just want a bit more seperation from the top of the pin and the retical.

David
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:41:37 AM EDT
Adding the riser will basically allow you more "space" in the EOTech window by letting you look above the iron sights. When you bring your head down and look through the irons the EOTech reticle will HAVE to line up with the front sight pin. Otherwise one of the two would not be sighted correctly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
Anybody have problems with the YHM EOTech mount loosening?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:39:34 PM EDT
i shot mine today and the eotech came loose but the mount didnt
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:15:49 PM EDT

When you look through the front and rear sights, then yes the dot will still sit on top of the front sight.

But with the riser, you can lift your head up a tad without the EO's reticle disappearing at the top of the window, which will indeed raise the dot above the front sight.

So yeah, if you keep the same head position with the EO as with irons, the dot will still sit where it sits.

The front sight never bothered me, UNTIL I made the mistake of putting my EO on an AR with the front sight base removed. Now I just can't stop looking at that big-honkin pitchfork in my field of view!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:31:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Onslaught:

When you look through the front and rear sights, then yes the dot will still sit on top of the front sight.

But with the riser, you can lift your head up a tad without the EO's reticle disappearing at the top of the window, which will indeed raise the dot above the front sight.

So yeah, if you keep the same head position with the EO as with irons, the dot will still sit where it sits.

The front sight never bothered me, UNTIL I made the mistake of putting my EO on an AR with the front sight base removed. Now I just can't stop looking at that big-honkin pitchfork in my field of view!

My point exactlly.

David
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:41:37 AM EDT
Before I had an Accucam in my life...

Top Top