Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 11:54:32 AM EDT
There's been some talk about cases recently, so I thought I'd post a picture of one of the models routinely discussed.

http://randompicturestorage.homestead.com/files/MVC-001F.JPG

Fits a post-ban M4 perfectly, with about an inch border all around.  Foam is easy to cut, and they even include a box cutter.  The case isn't the lightest thing in the world, but it's built like a tank.  In my opinion, worth every penny.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Woops, sorry.  Yes, it is the SC-061338.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That is sweet!  I need to get one of those!

A question:  Is there a seperate layer of foam under the one you cut?  One that is the same thickness of the one you cut the pattern out of?  If there is, could you cut out a pattern for a different gun in it and leave it in there with the foam cut for the M4?  Do you know what I mean?  Then you could switch the foam from bottom to middle, depending on the gun in case while the foam for the other gun is at the bottom of the case with the pieces you cut out in place.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
How much? And is the center piece of foam removeable so you can have different cut outs and take different rifels to the range in the same case?

Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe Starlight.com has them listed for $219 without shipping or any add-ons.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The case was $189 plus shipping direct from Starlight.  Inside there are four pieces of removable foam--two identical thick pieces, and two thin pieces.  You could easily have two cutouts, separated by the thin pieces.  To have foam at the bottom for protection, you would layer them:

Thin
First Cutout
Thin
Second Cutout
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks Like you did a beautiful job cutting the foam.  Can you offer any advice for that project?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks Like you did a beautiful job cutting the foam.  Can you offer any advice for that project?  Thanks.
View Quote

Thanks for the compliment.  It was actually quite easy, and the boxcutter they included was long enough, and the foam dense enough, that one good swipe with limited sawing was all the force needed.  All I did was set the items down, trace around them with an ink pen, then dove in.  I did a rough cutout of the interior spaces first so I could get easier acess to the outline.  I was surprised at how easy it really was.  I could tell, however, that the knife was getting dull by the time I was complete.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been selling these on the board for quite awhile now my prices are well below MSRP and I have free shipping.Check out my add in Accessories & Misc. If you want the best get a Starlight Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top