Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/27/2007 8:05:16 AM EST
Does anyone have a picture of a 2 stage RRA trigger installed they could post? I installed one over the weekend, I don't believe the hammer spring was installed correctly from the factory, so I put it on as I thought it should be. The trigger fucntions ok, however the trigger pull seems exceptionally heavy, and the trigger itself is not near as light as what I thought it should be. The take up is feels right, however the break seems very heavy. I just want to verify that I have installed it correctly, This is the first time for me.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:34:16 AM EST
The RRA is not really a "light" match trigger. IIRC the spring goes on the hammer just like stock spring.

My 2-stage feels heavy for a "match" trigger, but just about right for a "duty" trigger. I had thought about installins a set of Wolf springs to lighten the pull a little.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 2:56:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:13:50 PM EST
FWIW, I bought a RRA 2 stage trigger because I wanted a trigger as light and smooth as my duty RRA. I installed it in my Bushmaster, and was disappointed. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I shipped it off to RRA to have them install it. It came back, and nothing felt different.

I can't figure out why my work gun has such a nice, light trigger, while my personal AR still has a heavy pull.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:34:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By agillig:
FWIW, I bought a RRA 2 stage trigger because I wanted a trigger as light and smooth as my duty RRA. I installed it in my Bushmaster, and was disappointed. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I shipped it off to RRA to have them install it. It came back, and nothing felt different.

I can't figure out why my work gun has such a nice, light trigger, while my personal AR still has a heavy pull.

Make sure you are using the stock springs and to lubricate the trigger pins. Upon initial installation in my AR15s, the RRA 2-stage triggers proceeded to give me ~4.5-4.7 lb pulls and were crisp.

Several thousand rounds later and they are still just as good. I use it with my Ciener 22LR kit and I can easily do rapid-fire or double/triple taps even with 223 Rem. It gets to the point (with 22LR) that its almost like clicking a mouse.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:23:13 PM EST
If I remember correctly the spring in my RRA kit was installed backwards in the package. Trigger pull did seem to be a little gritty when new, a little lube and a 20 round mag later it's very nice.
Top Top