Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 6:21:09 AM EDT
I'm about 85% through making my XM607 clone; complete upper done; buttstock purchased & fitted (Thanks WA_Tom!); lower mostly done...

But I don't have a picture of an *actual* XM607 to determine what type of mag release "fence" to machine...

Here's the closest I could find to what I believe an XM607 lower/upper looks like (disregard buttstock & handguards - I know they're not XM607) -

www.wzrd.com/~rbrennan/misc/ar15.jpg

Some threads here & at Roderus & other sites indicate I should be using a true "slabside" and not the single-hump "fence" shown above...

Any XM607 pics???

Thankyouverymuch!...

(BTW: In case anyone asks, the XM607 is the forerunner of the XM177)...
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an email asking WTF an XM607 was...There's a pic on WA Tom's Subguns buttstock ad -

[url]http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nonnfapartsandaccys&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=406&query=retrieval[/url]

(Sorry about the long URL)...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this not-so-good image on file; I'm not sure of its original source, but it does seem to illustrate the mag release fence well enough to answer your question. Notice the cut-down pistol grip.

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/338%3B643923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3A3%3A%3D57%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23234688%3B7899ot1lsi[/img]

FITTER
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Notice the cut-down pistol grip...
View Quote

Thanks for the pic! That pretty much confirms what I thought. The detent-tunnel only, with no mag release shrouding...

I've never seen the cut-down grip, but I've been told it was done for the USAF...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top