Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:55:31 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying an Olympic Arms K16 w/ FIRSH handguard on it.  I'm going to take the A2 buttstock off and add a 5 position tac. stock.  I''ll probably add a red dot scope, and front/rear folding iron sights as backups.

Anyone have a gun like this?  Can you post pics?

I'm going with the short bull barrel because it should be realitivly light...and very accurate.

What do you think..good/bad idea?

I've found the K16 for as little as $619 on the net....NEW.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a bull barrel (18") on one of mine. It is mainly for stationary varmint hunting as it is quite heavy with all the stuff on it. I wouldn't want to lug it around the woods much.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
not somthing you normally see in the same sentence.

imho the bull barrel would be way to heavy to lug around

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this close to what you are talking about?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm thinking about buying an Olympic Arms K16 w/ FIRSH handguard on it.  I'm going to take the A2 buttstock off and add a 5 position tac. stock.  I''ll probably add a red dot scope, and front/rear folding iron sights as backups.

Anyone have a gun like this?  Can you post pics?

I'm going with the short bull barrel because it should be realitivly light...and very accurate.

What do you think..good/bad idea?

I've found the K16 for as little as $619 on the net....NEW.

My view on a couple of things.  The PCR16/K16 is not meant to be a lightweight weapon.  It is a short, but heavy little beast.  If you are looking for lighter weight, get the Hbar, or similar SS barreled weapon to give you similar results.

While you might have found a low price tag, you are going to spend a lot more to build it into what you are actually looking for. Why not buy a SS barreled carbine (without a carry handle) to begin with?  You will have similar results, but with a lighter and cheaper over all finished product.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
not somthing you normally see in the same sentence.

imho the bull barrel would be way to heavy to lug around

+1   Not very 'tactical'
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What would you guys suggest for an HBAR barreled carbine w/ flat top upper?  

Thanks for all of the advise.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The Colt 6721, and then you will need a stick...to beat back all the chicks that will want you for having such a cool gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top