Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 12:15:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 12:18:56 AM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:24:17 AM EDT
Hello Troy.

I can give you some aditional info regarding the Flobert ammo you'v got. This kind of ammo was used foor "shooting indoor". Realy indoor. That means in your living room. The 6mm Flobert was famous amoung the rich in the older days, when they could not shoot outdoors in the winter. The (mostly handguns) that where used where kind of single shoot breach loaders. Effective range not more than 25 mtrs. The targets where mostly paper ones, with deer prints and other game on it. Also the militairy used them in rifles for training recrutes how to shoot. It was "safe" and mostly cheap. It was used into the '60 when it was taken over by the .22 LR.

I think that this ammo is still available in Europe.

For translation:
Top half round: Dynamite Action Gesellschaft. Thats DAG from Nürnberg, a partner from Bynamite Nobel from Sweden. Action Gesellschaft means a kind of Ltd.
6mm Flobert is the indication for the caliber (like .22 LR).
Rundkugel: round ball bullet.
The Acorn is the symbol for DAG ammo.
Nurnberg: The town where DAG was located after the 2 WW.
The box is post war, because I can read "made in W. Germany. That was stamped on every item that was produced in W. Germany after the 2WW as an indication that this item was produce in Western Germany , and that a (small) amount of the money that was made out of each item was used to pay for the war damage. Later it became a symbol for quality.

If you want I can send you some pictures of older 6mm Flobert guns and rifles.

Best regards from The Netherlands, Europe.

Gé Steinvoord, located nearby Amsterdam
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:34:18 AM EDT
Very Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:14:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 2:17:59 AM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:43:37 AM EDT
Everything that Natres said ;)
Well, maybe except for the part where 6mm Flobert ammo was used for training recruits. That cartridge was seriously only used for shits and giggles; and the German army always had .22lr rifles to play with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:38:08 AM EDT
we used those when i was a kid to knock off birds in the orchard.  i beleive they can still be had.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:26:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By natres:
For translation:
Top half round: Dynamite Action Gesellschaft.
View Quote

Further translation.  Gesellschaft = Company
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:34:14 PM EDT
BB caps is what we used to call them. i haven't seen any in about 20 years. last time i had any was when the old western auto got tired of them collecting dust on the shelf and marked them down lower than .22lr so my firends and i used those untill they were gone. about half were duds.
i'm fairly sure they were RWS but i want to say the tin was green instead of red.

anyway, pretty neat find.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:54:04 PM EDT
I used to shoot those out of my dad's Remington. They are so weak they turned his autoloader into a straight pull bolt gun.
Top Top