Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 5:28:57 PM EDT
I am going to pick up my Bushmsters both are M4s one with a A2 upper and one with a A3 upper. I can't wait this will be the longest night of my life. Everything is all ser up and ready to go. I already filled out the yellow form and got approved after a one day delay. The only thing I have to do is pay the transfer fees and take them home. They will have a happy home too, one where they will be given attention and cared for. I will tell them bed time stories and take them to their favoriate places all the time. I swear, I will.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Im with ya dude. I pick up a new Glock tomorrow and I cant wait any longer! Why was it only a 1 day wait? All the dealys I get are 3 days!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushi all the way im buying my second bushi within a week or so, just picking one out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Long guns usually have no wait, while some states make you wait longer than 3 days for handguns, they are minimum 3 day wait by federal law unless you have a carry permit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh....what dude?  3 day federal law wait for handguns?  Not in AZ.  I purchased a handgun two months ago and took it home right after the yellow form call the same day.  Maybe I misinterpreted your post...

EDITED TO ADD: I don't have a CCW yet.

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, there is no minimum 3 day wait by federal law. That may be a state law where you live, but in Nevada, you take it home as soon as you finish the paperwork. I do have a CCW and all that does for me is it alleviates me from having to go through the "instant" check, which also saves me $15 on every gun purchase. That is the reason I got my CCW. It paid for itself within a couple months.

Oh, and congradulations on the new rifles. I ordered one of Bushmaster's M4 Kits directly from Bushmaster. That means that I paid full retail which was very close to what you paid for a complete rifle. And my kit doesn't include a lower receiver. So, I am putting together a post-ban that is costing as much as a pre-ban (almost). But what the heck, if you work enough over time, it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Right. This thread should probably be moved to legal... there is no federal law concerning waiting periods, other than they have to make a decision within 3 days for the Brady check. I think that is what [i]new-arguy[/i] was referring to.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Please don't move my thread to legal. I did not intend for the discussion to turn legal. Anyway I just picked up the rifles and got home. I got a new in the wrapper 30 round USGI magazine, and a chepo cleaning kit just to get the bore and chmber cleaned up a bit. I lub them up and do function checks on them and inspect them very closly in the next few hours. Me and my dad will get about 300 rounds or so to test them out at the range tomorrow. Me and my dad have always hung out together on his days off. Now we will be at the range alot, blasting away. I want to post some pics of the rifles we have but I do not have a digital camera. I definatly don't want to take the chance of having a roll a film developed only to have some scrdy cat call the cops and make a fuss over the evil rifles in our collection.
Well I'll get back to you guys and let you know how the inspection tuns out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been inspecting my M4s for a while now and they are in excellent condition. As one would expect from a brand new rifle. The A2 rifle has a tiny bit of loosness between the upper and lower. The A3 is rock solid! Fit and finish of the rifles are great on both of them. everything is fine. I can't wait to test them out. I would like to thank everyone at this site for the contributions they have made in helping me understand what to look for in an AR 15 type rifle. Once again thanks all
Mouse.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
congrats on the m4's.....3 day wait??? i'll trade you, in connecticut its 2 weeks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
other than they have to make a decision within 3 days for the Brady check. I think that is what [i]new-arguy[/i] was referring to.
View Quote

Thank you Blisters... my bad! I'll try to be more careful in the future.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Mouse,

Congrats on the new "kids".  Sorry that I helped to encourage the new path of your thread here.  Have fun!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. Its no problme sometimes topics can start off with "what is your favoriate breakfeast ceral?" and end up in a heated debated of whats better chrome line or stainless steal?
Any how I've cleaned up one rifle real good. The bore was very dirty but now everything is clean. I will be forced to pay the outragous prices for ammo in a retail rip off store but I gota shoot it man I have to !!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Walmart baby!  Try the Winchester 40 round value packs.  They're still expensive if you add them up but they're decent for a quick day at the range!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Gongratulations! I got my Bushmaster M4 just before christmas. Happy shooting!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top