Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:44:32 PM EDT
Well, kinda, I put about $300 down on one today, did the 3 month redneck layaway plan. Clarks here in Bossier had one on the shelf for $900. Its a pretty basic model, no shell defelctor, no forward assist or trap door. I was talking to one of the guys there and he was saying that  Jerry Miculek  was getting 1 1/4 groups out of his at 400yds with box stock 168gr Federals and a trigger job. Im pretty stoked about getting this one together, now I gotta start shopping for a scope and ring setup, any suggestions? Looking at the LaRue mount and a Super Sniper, also, any suggestions for a good brake?
Ill get some pics up asap.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
you should know better than to believe dealers.
www.dpmsinc.com/testimonials_targets.asp
upgrade the trigger, and dont worry about a brake.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll be happy with it. My buddy shot a 0.15 MOA at 200 yards as his best group ever without even breaking in the rifle.

I've shot 0.30 MOA at 100 yards, and hopefully a 0.25 MOA at 200 yards (haven't measured it yet, just shot it today).

Charlie.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I have a DPMS .308 LR. I have the JP trigger in mine. I work at Shooter's USA (in door shooting range) It is only 3min away from Clark's. You should come over and try the trigger on mine, I work on tue and wed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I am the aforementioned buddy of Charlie who just cleaned his DPMS for the first time this evening and never broke in the barrel. I am a bad, bad man.

I concur on the brake - why bother? You've got eleventy-billion pounds of SS up in front of you, the rifle is going nowhere. A brake will just deflect out to us poor bastards laying beside you on the range.

Get a good trigger. Charlie has the Jewell, I have the RRA stage match. You can get the RRA in the EE for under a hundred, and it's good. Not as smooth as the Jewell, but it's a nice crisp trigger, AND it will reliably pop mil primers, which the Jewell won't do.

If you only shoot match, and you want the best, get the Jewell.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top