Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/9/2007 12:07:23 PM EST
Is anybody aware of Picatinny rail AR15 gas blocks that use standard FSB taper pins?

I am looking for a railed block that uses pins, but all of them that I have encountered seem to use set screws of some sort.

Per a thread I was reading yesterday, it was mentioned that folding front sights and blocks were generally more trustworthy when mounted with pins instead of screws (which makes sense), but I cannot find any that are made to be used with taper pins.

It was also mentioned that Randall at AR15barrels could mod one to work with pins, but I don't see how that is possible if the block already has the holes for set screws.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I'm really looking for something like this one sold by Stag, just with pins:

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:07:25 PM EST
Bump for help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:27:23 PM EST
If you want a taper pin flip up sight with rail on the side then check out GG&G.

here

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:46:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 4:47:43 PM EST by texasaggie]
Vltor is expecting to come out with a similar product soon.

vltor

top photo is taper pin, bottom photo is cross bolt

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:04:10 PM EST
The VLTOR model no longer utilizes the taper pins it appears.

The GG&G model looks nice, but for $200 I don't think I could talk myself into buying one.

So many of the plain gas blocks with upper rails can be had for under $50, but unfortunately none appear to use taper pins.

I wish that somebody made one that is like a regular FSB minus the tower and ears, with a rail instead.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:27:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By cjk1:
The VLTOR model no longer utilizes the taper pins it appears.

The GG&G model looks nice, but for $200 I don't think I could talk myself into buying one.

So many of the plain gas blocks with upper rails can be had for under $50, but unfortunately none appear to use taper pins.

I wish that somebody made one that is like a regular FSB minus the tower and ears, with a rail instead.

On VLTOR's website they say they are still testing the taper pin installation, so expect it to come out soon, it has not been released yet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:10:13 PM EST
Personally I've never had a problem with my "screw" style blocks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:27:52 AM EST
I was looking for one a while back and could not find one got the yhm one and a buis and is gtg. Locktite the screws and you will be fine
Top Top