Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:37:40 AM EDT
This is my latest project I got a good deal on the Oly lower and put it together paycheck to paycheck, under the wife's radar...... hmasterM1S M4 upper
EO Tech 551 I got from Bryan in EE
Chinese knockoff BUIS
6 Pos stock

The only thing I did different on this build was I purchased all of the parts from a local gunshop, trying to keep the little man in business you know......................... hug.gif

- Clint

http://i1.tinypic.com/okub6t.jpg
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice weapon Sir!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, figured I needed another plinker.... - Clint
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the "bit by bit" build method of flying under the radar. My wife is usually pissed when I come home with a new weapon, but she doesn't know the difference between the ones I already have. At least this way I'd bever have to say "honey here is my new rifle"..... more like, I just got this new bolt carrier, or check out my new firing pin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah everything I have is str8 up black on black.... She has asked me before, "did you just get that rifle?" Then I say something to the effect of "No I just mounted a scope on it.....!" he

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]
That thing is HOT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Plain Jane, with plenty of pain.  I like 'em simple.  

Nice looking set up!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Some local gun shops, wont let you support them by ordering parts for your build.   Not gonna name any names.  They might even tell you, "Aboslutely not, we will never do that" in their british accent and shake their head at you.  Oh well I spent the few thousand I have invested into this rifle else where.  As I will for the next 4 or 5 that I build.  By the way Very nice rifle and congrats on keeping it under the radar.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the comments...

I'm so indecisive sometimes, originally this was gonna be a Les Baer varminter knockoff for ground squirrel plinking... then I read an article in a magazine about the RRA DEA/Gov. Model with the 16" CAR barrel and fell in love! But didn't like the $2300 price tag! I built that, but then decided I wanted the M4 contour. My gun shop installed it for free with the unfired 16" CAR barrel in trade. I pretty much give them all my business and send everyone I know there and they know it. I really appreciate it when they take care of me like this and that's why they get all my business!!

I have never been a big fan of the "Mall Ninja'd" AR's, Simple is where my heart is.............

- Clint

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top