Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2004 9:14:32 AM EDT
Anyone have any pics of there A2 with a short scope mounted on the carry handle?Looking for something cheap but not a POS either. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
This one is Paul's (nice looking A2), but the scope isn't cheap:
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
That is what i am looking for, a mount that doesn't take up the entire carry handle and a small, reliable, cheap scope that size. I see alot of combos on the net. I am leary of these because i bought a mount/scope combo for my AK and it fell apart after 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...a small, reliable, cheap scope that size. .....

No such thing as a small & reliable CHEAP scope.

That one (above) runs about $800 NIB - I bought mine for a little over $500 on the EE.

The Leaper's Colt Scope Clone 4x21 has a similar mounting system - but it's not as small, not as light, not nearly as durable/reliable.  The best of them is the 4x28 - but that's even bigger than the 4x28.

There are mounts that are designed for the channel in the carry handle with the rings built into them.  They allow you to mount a standard scope (like a compact Leopold) lower in the carry handle.

The mount IIRC runs about $80 from Bushmaster.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top