Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:09:43 PM EDT
Can anyone post a side by side pic of a fired 5.56 shell case next to an unfired round?

I am looking for a straight up and down side by side comparision with as much detail as possible.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone must have five minutes, two shells and a digital camera...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do want to see this ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a brand new RRA upper that is leaving the shoulders of fired brass slightly bulged. I have ordered a Field headspace gauge, but am hoping to lay my fears to rest by viewing the fired brass of others.

I ordered the upper from Adco, they contoured the barrel under the hand-guards and attached a brake so I am very concerned that RRA might not honor any warranty claims.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Reloads or factory ammo ? Please give more info(all details) as many people on the board will help you with this problem, and get your rifle running.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Both are IMI M193, the case on the left is once fired and cleaned, the case on the right is the IMI factory loaded M193.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Wingman, thanks!

BallisticTip, I am shooting Federal XM193 5.56 and Federal American Eagle .223 out of My .223 Wylde chambered RRA upper.

Both types of ammo have a slight outward bulge or puffiness on the shoulder when fired. I ordered a Field gauge from Dr Jekl, but until it arrives; I am very concerned about the head spacing on my rifle.

The upper was ordered new from Adco. Steve countered the barrel under the hand-guards and attached an A2 brake.

Accuracy has been decent, with groups averaging between 2 and 3 inches at 100 yards with iron sights.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top