Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:14:05 PM EDT
Can someone post a pic of the bayonet lug on an AR15?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So it's that thing under the front sight? I know it's a stupid question, but I am brand new to this type of rifle. I bought a Bushmaster yesterday with a collapsible stock and threaded barrel, and someone asked me if it had a bayonet lug. I didn't know, but if it's that lug under the front sight, I have one.

Thanks for answering a dumb question.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So it's that thing under the front sight? I know it's a stupid question, but I am brand new to this type of rifle. I bought a Bushmaster yesterday with a collapsible stock and threaded barrel, and someone asked me if it had a bayonet lug. I didn't know, but if it's that lug under the front sight, I have one.

Thanks for answering a dumb question.

now get yourself a bayonet and shoot like the dickens... or something

(I reccomend the M7 bayo)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Since we're on the topic, how exactly does the lug work?  Is there a locking-mechanism inside the bayonet?  I understand the knife fits over the flash-supressor and the lug slides into the back, but I dunno how it stays that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Since we're on the topic, how exactly does the lug work?  Is there a locking-mechanism inside the bayonet?  I understand the knife fits over the flash-supressor and the lug slides into the back, but I dunno how it stays that way.

Please refer to my signature line, below, Son.

And to answer your question, there's two spring loaded clasps on the bayo handle that snap the bayo into place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please refer to my signature line, below, Son.

And to answer your question, there's two spring loaded clasps on the bayo handle that snap the bayo into place.

headbang.gif

Thanks for the info duder.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW congrats on your new rifle and welcome to ARFCOM.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top