Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:14:05 PM EST
Can someone post a pic of the bayonet lug on an AR15?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:43:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:53:45 PM EST
So it's that thing under the front sight? I know it's a stupid question, but I am brand new to this type of rifle. I bought a Bushmaster yesterday with a collapsible stock and threaded barrel, and someone asked me if it had a bayonet lug. I didn't know, but if it's that lug under the front sight, I have one.

Thanks for answering a dumb question.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:58:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By tracecom:
So it's that thing under the front sight? I know it's a stupid question, but I am brand new to this type of rifle. I bought a Bushmaster yesterday with a collapsible stock and threaded barrel, and someone asked me if it had a bayonet lug. I didn't know, but if it's that lug under the front sight, I have one.

Thanks for answering a dumb question.

now get yourself a bayonet and shoot like the dickens... or something

(I reccomend the M7 bayo)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:59:35 PM EST
Since we're on the topic, how exactly does the lug work? Is there a locking-mechanism inside the bayonet? I understand the knife fits over the flash-supressor and the lug slides into the back, but I dunno how it stays that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:04:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 5:05:17 PM EST by markm]

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
Since we're on the topic, how exactly does the lug work? Is there a locking-mechanism inside the bayonet? I understand the knife fits over the flash-supressor and the lug slides into the back, but I dunno how it stays that way.

Please refer to my signature line, below, Son.

And to answer your question, there's two spring loaded clasps on the bayo handle that snap the bayo into place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:09:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By markm:

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

Please refer to my signature line, below, Son.

And to answer your question, there's two spring loaded clasps on the bayo handle that snap the bayo into place.

headbang.gif

Thanks for the info duder.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:11:22 PM EST
BTW congrats on your new rifle and welcome to ARFCOM.
Top Top